Search This Blog

Translate

Follow by Email

Monday, November 19, 2012

Cranberry Spice Cake


Cranberry Spice Cake

This Spice Cake recipe has been around for a long time, don't know where it really came from, however, I got it from my mother-in-law when we first got married, 40 years ago.  For the last couple of years I have had trouble finding Plum baby food so I have learned to try other fruits with this recipe and, today, I tried cranberry sauce.

Everyone loves this cake, I guess that's why I can never get a picture of the whole cake, it truly is good right out of the oven.


2 cups self rising flour
2 cups sugar
1 drop of Clove essential oil
2 drops of Cinnamon essential oil
1 drop of Nutmeg essential oil
1 cup oil
3 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 can cranberry sauce (14 oz - so I only used about 7 oz)

Mix dry ingredients together first then add the rest. Mix well and cook in a tube pan for 1 hour at 350°.

*You can use plum / applesauce / banana or any fruit that you think would taste good with these spices.



Icing:

We like ours plain, however if you like icing you can mix 2 cups confectioner sugar, add approx 1 T milk or lemon juice to make a glaze, dribble over cooled cake. 
*Remember if you add milk then you can flavor the icing with one of your oils.



No comments:

Post a Comment