Search This Blog

Translate

Follow by Email

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Making Candy

It's that time of year when you just want to do some fun stuff, so I bought some candy molds and have made candy.  The supplies needed for this project are very simple, since I already have lots of flavorings with my Young Living Essential Oils. So here is what I used:


A double boiler, Almond Bark, oil-based food coloring and my oils. I watched a couple of YouTube videos and there's nothing to it. Just need to have time because I used 3-4 blocks of the Almond Bark at a time, added food coloring and choice of oils, I will tell you how much I used in a minute, however, you will have to adjust the drops per your liking because everyone is different. Start with one drop and mix and taste, use a toothpick to taste with - but, hey - no double dipping!  When I filled the candy molds I placed them in the fridge for 10-15 minutes and the candy had hardened. If I hadn't used all the melted candy I just set that pot back over the boiler and kept it warm.

So here is what mine looked like.



ORANGE (pumpkin and leaf) I used Young Living's Orange Essential Oil and I used 2-3 drops per block of Almond Bark.
GREEN (tree, gift and leaf) I used Young Living's Peppermint Essential Oil and I used 1-2 drops per block of Almond Bark. Peppermint is a bit stronger than some of the other oils, start with less and add more as needed.
RED (tree, gift and poinsettia) I used Young Living's Christmas Spirit Essential Oil and I used 2-3 drops per block of Almond Bark.
YELLOW (tree, gift and leaf) I used Young Living's Lemon Essential Oil and I used 2-3 drops per block of Almond Bark.
SWIRLED (looks like a light orange (gift and leaf)) I used Young Living's Wintergreen Essential Oil and I used 2-3 drops per block of Almond Bark.
CHOCOLATE (turkey, gift and leaf) I used Young Living's Cinnamon Bark Essential Oil and I used 2-3 drops per block of Almond Bark.

I even played around a bit and before I added the color to the melted almond bark I decorated the red gifts with white, trees with snow and white centers on the poinsettia, also did some on the green trees and used the leftover orange with the green presents.

I still have a lot to learn, but not bad for a first timer.

No comments:

Post a Comment