Search This Blog

Translate

Follow by Email

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Thieves Essential Oil


Thieves Essential Oil is an essential oil blend I love to use.  I call it TROOPS IN A BOTTLE because I feel as though it is standing in front of me helping me keep from catching everything that comes along.

Thieves contains: Clove; Lemon; Cinnamon Bark; Eucalyptus; and Rosemary. If you were to look up each individual oil you would see that each one has its own unique properties:

Clove – Antiviral, antifungal, antimicrobial, antiseptic, and anti-infectious.
Lemon – Amplifies immunity and promotes circulation.
Cinnamon Bark- Antiviral, antifungal, antibacterial.
Eucalyptus – anti-infectious, antibacterial, antiviral and anti-inflammatory.
Rosemary – Antiseptic and Antimicrobial.

I call this PREVENTION by using Thieves Essential Oil on a daily basis; it has helped ward off catching colds, flu and viruses that go around during this time of the year. Yes, I sometimes start getting the sniffles or even get a scratchy throat but I start using my Thieves Essential Oil and I am usually able to stop the cold before it turns into something big.

Here are two ways I use Thieves Essential Oil:

1.    I put about a quarter size of carrier oil (which is any oil that helps to dilute and spread the essential oil over the skin (such as olive oil, jojoba oil, apricot oil, etc.)) with 2-3 drops of Thieves Essential Oil in my hand and then rub it on my chest and throat at bedtime. The Eucalyptus that is in the Thieves Essential Oil also helps to open up my head so that I can breathe, which allows me to sleep.

2.    I put 1 drop of Thieves Essential Oil in 1oz of water, gargle and swallow. This really helps with a sore throat.

So how do you use your Thieves Essential Oil?

No comments:

Post a Comment